IMSA seeks new CEO
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
We are now recruiting a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) that will lead the association into the future and as such, we are looking for an outstanding candidate who can bring a comprehensive range of skills and experience to this exciting position.
Reporting to the Chair of the IMSA Board of Directors, the CEO will provide effective leadership and stewardship in promoting men’s health and well-being so that association’s services, supports and activities are effectively planned, developed and delivered in accordance with the organisation’s mission, vision and values.
Key working relationships within IMSA:
Members of the IMSA Board and sub-groups, representatives of Men’s Sheds nationally and internationally as well as staff and volunteers, Shed participants, local communities or groups, educational institutions, policy makers, media personnel and statutory and voluntary funders.
- To manage the organisation, including IMSA’s strategic work programme, promotional strategy and human and financial resources under the direction of the Board.
- To assist and advise the Board to enable it to fulfil its function i.e. achieving it’s aims, objectives, the provision of leadership and formulation of policy.
- To monitor developments in the external environment which impact on the work of the organisation, ensuring the membership is well informed and briefed.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Masters Degree in Business or Governance and or equivalent in disciplines relevant to the job.
- A proven record of achievement at senior level, in a position with a similar range of responsibilities that demonstrates the necessary vision and leadership in strategic planning and people management.
- Ability to think strategically, prioritise workloads and deliver agreed targets.
- Business planning and programme development in response to Men’s Sheds’ needs.
- Strategic foresight and practical abilities to direct organisational change.
- Cultivate stakeholder relationships, participate in and developing relevant networks.
- Generate financial resources and administering funds.
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking and focus on operational excellence.
- Competencies in relation to public sector governance, HR and financial management.
- Demonstrable experience of stakeholder engagement and management.
- Credibility and confidence in decision-making and key influencing.
- Working with volunteer management and volunteer development.
- Excellent people skills & facilitation.
- Team worker and independent thinker.
- Motivation of volunteers, team members and key stakeholders.
- Conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation.
- Excellent oral and communication, including computer literacy.
- Possess a ‘can do’ and ‘will do’ attitude.
- Honest and reliable.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary €75-80k
- Pension scheme contributions after 6 months
- 25 days holidays
5pm, 13th November 2020
For full details of this role: Download Job Information Booklet
How to apply
If you believe that you are the person to fill this role and have the background that IMSA are looking for, please apply to Roger Duffy at Sigmar Recruitment by emailing an up to date CV and cover letter to IMSA@sigmar.ie before 5pm on 13th November 2020.
Roger is available for confidential enquiries at +353 1 4744679.