As a charity seeking donations from the public the Irish Men’s Sheds Association must comply with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public.
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Irish Men’s Sheds Association
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes. We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
- Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given. Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity will be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organisation or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists with third parties.
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
All donations will be:
- Handled with the highest level of accuracy and transparency and financial records will be kept to ensure accountability and tracking.
- Applied to that purpose to which they were donated.
- Acknowledged promptly, unless no acknowledgement has been requested or insufficient contact details have been provided.
- Subjected to an annual audit by an independent firm of auditors, and will be included in the Irish Men’s Sheds Association’s annual accounts, filed in the Companies’ Office.
- Used solely to deliver the Irish Men’s Sheds Association’s mission and objectives.
The Irish Men’s Sheds Association’s staff will be
- Be polite, courteous, transparent, accurate and honest.
- Respond where necessary to email, letters and telephone enquiries, in a prompt manner.
- Achieve the highest standards of professionalism at all times.
- Seek to minimise costs relating to fundraising activities.
- Make it easy to ask a question, or make a complaint.
- Treat feedback and complaints seriously whether made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person and deal with them quickly and appropriately.
- Adhere to the guidelines and requirements contained in the Charities Act, 2009
- Comply with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003
What to do if you have feedback
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact the Irish Men’s Sheds Association in writing or by telephone. In the first instance, your comment will be dealt with by our Chief Executive. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
Irish Men’s Sheds Association
Irish Farm Centre,
Tel: 01891 6150
We are open 5 days a week, from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, and closed between 1.00 pm and 2.00pm each day.