Health & Wellbeing Manager (Maternity Cover & Part-Time)
The Irish Men’s Sheds Association exists to support an island-wide network of over 460 men’s sheds. We are committed to supporting the development of men’s sheds as community-focused, member-based organisations open to men of all ages and backgrounds, regardless of abilities or circumstances. Our vision is of an Ireland where every man has the opportunity to join a men’s shed, and where men’s sheds are integral parts of their communities, accessible to all. We aim to use men’s sheds as a means of creating more stable, connected and cohesive communities. We also seek, through men’s sheds, to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of Irish men to the greatest extent possible.
Sheds for Life – is the Irish Men’s Sheds Association’s dedicated men’s health and wellbeing programme. The aim of the programme is to support the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the men’s sheds members. Sheds for Life allows the direct provision of evidence-based health services at grassroots community level in the familiar and non-clinical environment of the shed that effectively engages shed members. Sheds for Life is supported by the HSE and Sláintecare.
Job Title: Health & Wellbeing Manager (Maternity Cover – Fixed Term)
Reporting to: CEO
Location: Irish Farm Centre, Bluebell, Dublin 12. Availability to work from home where required given current COVID-19 circumstances.
Working Hours: Part time – 3-day week
Contract: 9-month contract
Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata
The Acting Health & Wellbeing Manager will manage, develop and support the IMSA’s men’s Health & Wellbeing function through it’s; Sheds for Life programme, online general male health platform – malehealth.ie, Male Health in the Workplace platform as well supporting the research and evaluation aspect of the IMSA. The Health & Wellbeing Manager will be responsible for a team of three staff members.
Duties will include:
- Manage and maintain cooperative relationships and networks with the key health and wellbeing partners and funders in relation to the Sheds for Life programme
- Project manage Health & Wellbeing budget, grant applications and reporting requirements
- Manage and support a team of three staff members under the IMSA’s health & wellbeing function
- Represent the IMSA on a number of men’s health related advisory groups and panels
- Coordinate and facilitate Sheds for Life Advisory Group comprising of leading men’s health experts and academic partners
- Keep abreast of national policies and developments under men’s health and support these actions through the work of the IMSA
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by the IMSA to assist the development of Men’s Sheds
Applicants for this position should be able to provide evidence of meeting the following requirements for the role:
- Third level qualification in health promotion or similar health discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of direct management experience in a similar or related field
- Experience managing a small team of paid staff
- Working knowledge and understanding of the charity/non-government organisation sector
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent organisational, administration and co-ordination skills;
- Efficiency, good work rate and proven ability to deliver on objectives & deadlines
- Keen interest and understanding of men’s health and the relevant national policies and plans that impact men’s health in Ireland
- Full clean drivers’ licence and access to a car for travel. This role will involve some travel.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
How to apply:
To apply, please send a copy of your curriculum vitae and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position and how you meet the post requirements to Barry Sheridan, CEO email@example.com by the close of business on Wednesday the 3rd of June. Inquiries regarding this position can be sent to the above email address.
Interviews to take place on Wednesday the 10th of June.
All applications will be treated in confidence. The Irish Men’s Sheds Association is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society.