Health Promotion Officer – Sheds for Life
The Irish Men’s Sheds Association exists to support an island-wide network of over 470 men’s sheds. We are committed to supporting the development of men’s sheds as community-focused, member-based organisations open to men of all ages and backgrounds, regardless of abilities or circumstances. Our vision is of an Ireland where every man has the opportunity to join a men’s shed, and where men’s sheds are integral parts of their communities, accessible to all. We aim to use men’s sheds as a means of creating more stable, connected and cohesive communities. We also seek, through men’s sheds, to improve the physical and mental wellbeing of Irish men to the greatest extent possible.
Sheds for Life – is the Irish Men’s Sheds Association’s dedicated men’s health and wellbeing programme. The aim of the programme is to support the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the men’s sheds members. Sheds for Life allows the direct provision of evidence-based health services at grassroots community level in the familiar and non-clinical environment of the shed that effectively engages shed members. Sheds for Life is supported by the HSE and Sláintecare.
Job Title: Health Promotion Officer – Sheds for Life
Reporting to: Health & Wellbeing Manager
Location: Irish Farm Centre, Bluebell, Dublin 12. Travel also required.
Working Hours: Part time – 3-day week
Contract: Initial contract until December 2020 subject to 3-month probation period (Position subject to ongoing funding)
Annual Leave: 25 days pro rata
Salary: Dependant upon experience
The Irish Men’s Sheds Association is seeking a motivated, experienced Health Promotion Officer to support the delivery of the IMSA’s Sheds for Life Programme throughout 2020.
Duties will include:
· To act as the direct link between the participating sheds in the Sheds for Life programme, the IMSA and the tutors delivering the programme
· To provide on the ground support to 2020 participating sheds as well as follow up support to 2019 participating sheds
· To support the Sheds for Life Principal Researcher in the formal evaluation of the Sheds for Life programme
· Delivery of Sheds for Life co-design workshop model
· Keeping accurate records in relation to all aspects of work and preparing reports
· Updating of IMSA’s CRM database system
· To liaise with the Health & Wellbeing Administrator around the planning & scheduling of the programme’s syllabus
· Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be requested by the IMSA to assist the development of Men’s Sheds
· Third level qualification in health promotion or other health related discipline
· At least 2 years experience as a Health Promotion Officer or a similar discipline
· Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills;
· Excellent organisational, administration and co-ordination skills;
· Efficiency, good work rate and proven ability to deliver on objectives & deadlines
· Excellent facilitation skills
· Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM system or similar data base programme (desirable but not essential)
· Keen interest and understanding of men’s health and the relevant national policies and plans that impact men’s health in Ireland
· The ability to manage and prioritise own workload and work with flexibility, initiative and creativity
· The ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
· Confidentiality and reliability
· Full clean drivers’ licence and access to a car for travel. This role will involve travel to participating sheds across the country.
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
How to apply:
Application is by curriculum vitae and cover letter only to Edel Byrne, Health & Wellbeing Manager via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday the 17th of January 2020. Inquiries regarding this position can be sent to the above email address. Interviews for shortlisted candidates to take place Tuesday 27th of January.
The Irish Men’s Sheds Association is an Equal Opportunities Employer.