The Irish Men’s Sheds Association
The Irish Men’s Sheds Association is a national organisation set up in January 2011 with the purpose of supporting the development and sustainability of Men’s Sheds on the Island of Ireland. We are a registered charity CHY 19928. Over the past seven years IMSA has grown its membership to over 450 sheds throughout Ireland.
The Irish Men’s Sheds Association wishes to recruit the following role
This is a fixed term 2 years full time position, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, with responsibility for supporting and implementing the Communications Strategy for IMSA in order to meet funder and company requirements. The role will also be providing day to day support to sheds requesting support from IMSA.
- Monitoring impact, reach and value of social media content
- Increasing the reach and impact of IMSA
- Monitoring social feeds of sheds and partner organisations
- Liaising with staff and sheds to compile and distribute fortnightly newsletter to sheds
- Monitoring media for shed news and maintaining relationships with local and national media where possible
- Developing PR plans and pitches of interest to national and international media outlets
- Provide support to sheds in developing their individual social media presence and improving their reach
- Assist with planning and promotion of communications events
- Develop and manage media contact list and develop relationships with key media contacts
- Prepare and disseminate press releases in conjunction with IMSA events
- Daily posts on social media promoting and publicising men’s sheds, IMSA and relevant events, news and partnerships
- Trawling social and local media to help build a picture of sheds’ activities nationwide
- Updating IMSA websites (www.menssheds.ie and www.malehealth.ie)
- Updating sheds with one-time emails regarding important news and events
The candidate should possess the following skills and attributes:
- A relevant third level degree i.e. communications or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a voluntary or community work setting
- Experience of updating and maintaining website content and social media platforms
- A willingness to immerse yourself in and develop expertise on the men’s sheds movement
- Experience of managing social media platforms and increasing reach and engagement
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and work effectively with management
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful environments
- Ability to work flexibly and with others
Location: Position based in IMSA Headquarters with some flexibility for remote working.
Reporting to: CEO IMSA
Salary: Competitive Salary based on experience
This is a 2 year contract subject to completion of 6 months probationary period and annual reviews.
This position is funded by Department of Rural and Community Development through the Scheme to Support National Organisations 2019-2022.
To apply: Email a cover Letter and C.V. to email@example.com Please include a valid email address as this is the way you will be contacted.
Closing date for all applications: Friday 11th September 2020 close of business