We’re very excited to announce that the ever-popular Shed Series is back for 2018, thanks to our partners at Topline! The Shed Series invites sheds from across Ireland to create a work of art – in any medium or material – that expresses what your shed means to its members and its community.
Previous entrants will know just how enjoyable this competition can be. It’s a terrific showcase for your members’ skills and creative flair – an opportunity to work together and craft something meaningful. This year, Topline are adding a fun twist – a box of materials which will be sent to all entrants, to incorporate into their entry as they see fit.
Finalists will have the opportunity to meet other sheds from across Ireland at the awards event, and the winning sheds will be bringing home some fabulous prizes, courtesy of Topline:
1st Prize: €2,000 cash
2nd Prize: €1,000 cash
People’s Choice Award (Facebook vote): €500 cash for the winner.
In addition, all shortlisted entries will receive a €50 Topline Voucher.
You can download the full set of rules and regulations here:
…and check out the Frequently Asked Questions here:
- If your shed is interested in taking part, you must confirm your interest by Friday 20thApril at 5pm.
To confirm your interest – send a private message to Topline DIY on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ToplineDIY/
OR email email@example.com
OR write to Catherine Murray, Topline, Naas Industrial Estate, Naas, Co Kildare.
- Topline will then send an entry pack to your shed, including a box of materials for you to use as you wish.
- To be shortlisted, and to enter the People’s Choice vote, you must send a hi-res picture of your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org 5pm, Wednesday May 30th.
- Finalists will be announced on Wednesday June 6th.
- The final judging event and prize ceremony will take place on Wednesday June 13th, at a venue to be confirmed shortly. Judges will include Éadaoin Keane of Topline, and Ireland rugby legend Donncha O’Callaghan.
- One entry per shed
- All those involved in creating the piece must be shed members.
- Entries must fit in a space no more than 1 metre squared.
- You must use at least three of the itemsfrom the box of materials which will be sent to all entrants.
- There are no restrictions on theme or materials, other than the above. Sheds are invited to consider what their shed means to its members and community, and to reflect this in their entries.
- In order to enter, members must be available to bring their entry to the judging event on June 13th.
Above all, the Shed Series is about fun, enjoyment, and bringing sheds together. Best of luck to all entrants. We can’t wait to see how you use the skills, imagination and creativity that we witness every day from our sheds and their members.