The Irish Men’s Shed Association, understands that operating in a safe and responsible manner is fundamental to the continued success and growth of the Men’s Sheds.
Sound safety practices results in low accident rates and consequently low insurance premiums. A careless approach to safe work practices may lead to a claim being denied by the insurer.
We value our members and place the utmost importance on the safety of all persons working or visiting our Sheds.
Consequently, we encourage each Shed to:
- Encourage and support a culture whereby all members may identify, report, assess and control safety risks in their sheds;
- Continuously improve their safety to reduce the risk of work related injury, illness and harm;
- Provide induction training and briefings to ensure all members, and visitors have the relevant skills and knowledge to understand risks, and their safety obligations;
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, statutory obligations, and other relevant requirements;
- Ensure they have the resources and skills necessary to effectively manage our identified safely risks;
- Maintain and improve a safety management system;
- Consult and communicate with their members about safety;
- Provide information and documentation to assist with affective safety management